Multitude of Voyces: Sacred Music by Women Composers. Volume 2: Upper Voices Anthems
Volume 2 – Upper Voices Anthems
Containing works by Amy Bebbington, Elizabeth Poston, Hilary Campbell, Gemma McGregor, Margie Harrison, Olivia Sparkhall, Carol Jones, Morfydd Owen and Joanna Forbes L’Estrange, ‘The Blue Book’ was due to be launched in April 2020 with a celebratory concert on Saturday 18th April by NYCoS National Girls Choir in Edinburgh.
Very sadly, COVID-19 meant that this event was postponed. Please check out Multitude of Voyces for updated launch plans in due course.
For a limited period, orders of 10 or more copies can be purchased for £12.50 per copy. Just enter Coupon Code “MOV2SET” in the basket.
The first page of each work in this volume can be viewed here.
Upper Voices Anthems first pages.pdf Adobe PDF [776.0 KB]
- Amy Bebbington: I sing of a maiden (SSS/A)
- Judith Bingham: Les Saintes Maries de la Mer (SSA (some divisi))
- Lili Boulanger: Pie Jesu (S & organ)
- Hilary Campbell: Our Endless Day (SSA & harp or piano)
- Rebecca Clarke: Ave Maria (SAA)
- Ninfea Cruttwell-Reade: Car auprès de toi (SSSSAA)
- Carlotta Ferrari: Songs for Hildegard
i. Nos sumus in mundo (SA)
ii. Quasi aurora (SA)
- Angelina Figus: Hodie Christus natus est (SSA)
- Joanna Forbes L’Estrange: Give us grace (SSA (& optional piano))
- Bianca Maria Furgeri: Ego flos campi (SSA)
- Margie Harrison: The Lord is my shepherd (SSSA (some divisi))
- Hildegard von Bingen: O virtus Sapientie (S)
- Carol J Jones: All shall be well (SSA & harp or piano)
- Linda Kachelmeier: O vis eternitatis (SSS)
- Caroline Lesemann-Elliott: Regina Caeli (SS & continuo)
- Sarah MacDonald: O beata Trinitas (S (some divisi) & organ)
- Gemma McGregor: Love was his meaning (SSA & harp)
- Morfydd Owen: He prayeth best who loveth best (S & piano or organ)
- Roxanna Panufnik: Ubi Caritas (SS & piano)
- Julia Perry: How beautiful are the feet (S & piano or organ)
- Elizabeth Poston: Te lucis ante terminum (S (& semi-chorus) A & harp or piano)
- Clara Schumann: Let earth’s wide circle round (SSS)
- Olivia Sparkhall: Lux Aeterna (SSSSSS & harp or piano)
- Grace Williams: Psalm 150 (SS & organ) (Welsh or English)