Multitude of Voyces: Sacred Music by Women Composers. Volume 2: Upper Voices Anthems
Multitude of Voyces are offering 10% discount on orders of 20 copies or more
Containing works by Amy Bebbington, Elizabeth Poston, Hilary Campbell, Gemma McGregor, Margie Harrison, Olivia Sparkhall, Carol Jones, Morfydd Owen and Joanna Forbes L’Estrange, ‘The Blue Book’ was due to be launched in April 2020 with a celebratory concert on Saturday 18th April by NYCoS National Girls Choir in Edinburgh.
After months of COVID-19 restrictions prevented choirs and vocal groups from singing, a group of friends got together one hot Saturday in Sydney to record little-known music by women composers in the hope that these works and others published by MoV will receive the recognition they deserve. Videos of the recordings can be viewed on this YouTube playlist.
Singers: Anna Sandstrom, Brooke Shelley, Josie Ryan, Janine Harris.
Conductor: David Drury.
Recorded at Christ Church St Laurence, Sydney (https://ccsl.org.au/) by Simon Turnill.
- Amy Bebbington: I sing of a maiden (SSS/A)
- Judith Bingham: Les Saintes Maries de la Mer (SSA (some divisi))
- Lili Boulanger: Pie Jesu (S & organ)
- Hilary Campbell: Our Endless Day (SSA & harp or piano)
- Rebecca Clarke: Ave Maria (SAA)
- Ninfea Cruttwell-Reade: Car auprès de toi (SSSSAA)
- Carlotta Ferrari: Songs for Hildegard
i. Nos sumus in mundo (SA)
ii. Quasi aurora (SA)
- Angelina Figus: Hodie Christus natus est (SSA)
- Joanna Forbes L’Estrange: Give us grace (SSA (& optional piano))
- Bianca Maria Furgeri: Ego flos campi (SSA)
- Margie Harrison: The Lord is my shepherd (SSSA (some divisi))
- Hildegard von Bingen: O virtus Sapientie (S)
- Carol J Jones: All shall be well (SSA & harp or piano)
- Linda Kachelmeier: O vis eternitatis (SSS)
- Caroline Lesemann-Elliott: Regina Caeli (SS & continuo)
- Sarah MacDonald: O beata Trinitas (S (some divisi) & organ)
- Gemma McGregor: Love was his meaning (SSA & harp)
- Morfydd Owen: He prayeth best who loveth best (S & piano or organ)
- Roxanna Panufnik: Ubi Caritas (SS & piano)
- Julia Perry: How beautiful are the feet (S & piano or organ)
- Elizabeth Poston: Te lucis ante terminum (S (& semi-chorus) A & harp or piano)
- Clara Schumann: Let earth’s wide circle round (SSS)
- Olivia Sparkhall: Lux Aeterna (SSSSSS & harp or piano)
- Grace Williams: Psalm 150 (SS & organ) (Welsh or English)
Informal video recordings