== APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED ==
CHORAL AMBASSADOR (New Post)
As a prime mover in British music for over a century, Stainer & Bell are seeking to employ a part-time Choral Ambassador to enhance the company’s historic presence on the musical scene, both by promotion of the existing catalogue, and by liberating the vast untapped potential of new choral music in the digital age.
Enthusiasm, flair and innovation will be keys to the appointment, with a brief to support and promote our existing composers and to expand S&B’s choral catalogue by sourcing original works, gifted composers and inspiring projects to renew our commitment to the choral community.
The Choral Ambassador’s skills will include:
- In-depth knowledge of British and overseas sacred and secular choral repertoire and of contemporary and historical performance practice, plus a wealth of contacts among performers and enablers.
- Commitment to the cause of supporting contemporary composers, and in particular to empowering the full range of undiscovered talent now emerging from a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and identities.
- Dedication to the wealth of material comprising five centuries of repertoire from Tallis and Byrd to Holst and Vaughan Williams that is Stainer & Bell’s unique legacy – this indispensable corpus of British sacred and secular vocal music also comprises the unique riches of Early English Church Music, The Byrd Edition, The English Madrigalists, The Purcell Society Edition, and Musica Britannica.
- Antennae alert to broader emerging trends and directions amongst composers, performers and audiences, and a reflexive instinct to exploit opportunities practically in terms of the company’s publishing profile.
- Strong IT skills and a fluency and flair for communicating via social media.
- Strong musical and verbal literacy complementing the above, plus knowledge of musical notation and editorial practice, with experience of copywriting, leaflet design, email campaigning – and openness and imagination to explore fresh avenues of musical promotion.
This flexible, part-time role (c.15 hours per week) might suit a freelance performer, or form part of a portfolio career. Working from our headquarters in North London would be an advantage; however, it could be possible to accommodate a remote arrangement with monthly visits to Finchley.
Salary according to experience. Closing Date: 27 March 2020
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org